This Blog entry is the 7th in a series intended primarily for FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams and their mentors.
As you probably already know, there was a mandatory LabVIEW FRC Update released in January: version 2.0. (You can find it here.)
There were some changes to the template, and so this is an updated walkthrough.
In this video I discuss:
- Local variables
- Global variables
- Template changes to Robot main, Begin, Periodic Tasks
- The included vision algorithm to find ellipses
- The included autonomous independent code to rotate to target
- The included teleop code which allows you to turn to target with a button press
- Wiring techniques for clean code
Important Reminder (I put this on Twitter last week): don’t forget to update your cRIO image after updating to the 2.0 framework!